a. 13 years
2. What is your favorite style?
a. A mix of Lyrical and Contemporary
3. How long have you been with the company?
a. A little over a year
4. What school do you go to?
a. Wilmington High School
5. What do you study?
a. The basic core classes, Theater, and French
6. What is one word that would describe how you feel when you dance?
a. I can’t really describe it in words. I feel so many emotions at once and then when I leave the stage I can’t really remember much of what I thought about or felt onstage.
7. What got you into dancing?
a. I was born with a twisted foot and had to wear a cast during the first few months of my life. The doctors told my parents I had to do some sort of sport to keep the muscles strong and ensure proper development so my mom signed me up for dance.
8. How do you feel when you perform?
a. I feel unique, special and free to express myself anyway I choose.
a. I like to kayak. Especially in Nova Scotia.
10. Do you teach dance?
a. I’m a Teacher’s Assistant for an elementary level ballet class.
11. Talk about a dance experience that moved you or that you are proud of. (A performance, a dance event, fundraiser.
a. When I was 12 I was Clara in the Albany Berkshire Ballet’s Nutcracker. It was the first big role I had earned and it was the first time I performed solo on stage. I was really nervous but once I got onstage and started dancing all the nerves melted away. It was one of the most fun performances I have ever done and I was really proud of myself for pulling off a role like that.
12. What do you eat for breakfast?
a. Half of an “Everything” Bagel and a mixed berry smoothie
13. Have you traveled outside of the country? If yes, to where? If no, where have you gone in the USA?
a. Yes, I’ve traveled to St. Kitts and Nova Scotia.
14. What do you do after a long day of rehearsals?
a. I take a shower, eat and ice my knees.
15. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
a. In 10 years I hope to have graduated from college (preferably NYU ;) ) and be a professional dancer with Complexions Contemporary Ballet company.
16. What is your favorite non-dance hobby?
a. I’m a total book worm and I like photography too.
17. What are your biggest pet peeves and your biggest indulgence?
a. My biggest pet peeves are people who chew with their mouths open and people who cut you off in the hallway and then walk really slow. My biggest indulgence in Chocolate Mug Cake.
18. What is your favorite quote?
a. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”